Sunday, August 30, 2015

What's Going on the Market?

I have no idea, and I do not care. I think I only see and feel like its a Great Singapore Sale going on!

I executed a couple of positions, my existing position got bad drawdowns, but I'm feeling no panic because I am in for the long run.

My 500 shares of Sembcorp Marine bought at 3.04 has been dropping ever since, partly due to fall in oil price, and now the panic seems to be spread from the China market. I have no intention to sell at the moment, probably leave it in the cold storage.

I have transacted STI ETF at 3.23, 3.10 and 2.90, at 100 shares each.

Suntec REITs at 1.51, Mapletree Industrial Trust at 1.40.

These should basically sum up the core of my local portfolio.

Current allocation:
Local Equities: Sembcorp + STI ETF (including POSB invest saver position) = 65%
Local REITs: 10%
Local Bonds: 15%
Foreign Equities: 10%

My target allocation:
Local Equities: 50% (STI ETF as core)
Local REITs: 10% (Suntec + Mapletree Industrial, as both are not tracked under STI)
Local Bonds: 20% (ABF Bond Index ETF as core + Cash warchest component)
Foreign Equities: 20% (Vanguard FTSE All-World ETF + iShares Core MSCI World ETF both under London Stock Exchange, as core)

Not sure if I should lower my REITs component to increase my foreign equities allocation, because I like the dividend yield on local REITs.

As for Bonds, I plan to put in place a small portion in it in future, namely these two:
1) iShares J.P. Morgan USD Asia Credit Bond Index ETF (SGD)
2) iShares Barclays USD Asia High Yield Bond Index ETF (SGD)

Local investors are sucker for yields, because we are not being taxed so heavily like in the US for capital gains or dividends.

I am saving hard, not hard enough though, to see my plan in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment